THE N-MUTR IS ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SECONDARY EDUCATION (K-12) CERTIFICATION IN MATH OR A FIELD OF SCIENCE
Applications submitted after the final deadline of April 1, 2013 will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
For step-by-step guidelines on how to apply,
please review the document in the link directly below:
Link to N-MUTR Application Guidelines.pdf
UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Thank you for showing an interest in the Newark-Montclair Urban Teacher Residency. Please review the information below to find out some important changes and updates to the N-MUTR application/admission process. __________________________________________________________
New Jersey Praxis II Testing Requirements
There are updates to the New Jersey Praxis II Testing Requirements. These changes apply to all applicants. Please visit http://www.ets.org/praxis/nj/ to review this information in addition to the Praxis information posted below.
We are currently accepting applications for:
Track II. Secondary Education (K-12) certification in Math or a field of Science
- Candidates interested in this track must have a major in math or a field of science. Candidates with a minimum of 30 math or science credits in a closely related field will be considered.
- The next enrollment term for the Math/Science track is Summer 2013:
- Early Application Deadline –December 21, 2012
Final Application Deadline – March 15, 2013
- Admission decision dates are yet to be determined
- Candidates are encouraged to submit applications by the early application deadline of December 21, 2012 due to the competitive nature of the program.
- The GRE is WAIVED for all applicants.
- If the GRE requirement is appearing on an application, the candidate must contact the Graduate School for a GRE waiver request.
- Praxis II Information:
- Education Testing Services (ETS) is now offering several Math/Science Praxis II tests in a computer-based format. Visit http://www.ets.org/praxis/nj/ for a list of these tests.
REMINDER: Computer-based Praxis II tests are offered more frequently and reveal test results immediately upon completing the exam. Candidates should write down their scores and email this information to email@example.com in order to meet the application deadline. Official Praxis II scores are required in order to be fully accepted into the program.